Dragon Rider Cymru in Swansea is a post-test training initiative which follows the DVSA Enhanced Rider Scheme syllabus and develops a rider's skills, knowledge and confidence. Qualified Instructors impart their specialist experience and give riders encouragement which helps build good relationships to support other riders.
The course is suitable for all bikers with a full licence who:
- have just passed their test
- are returning to riding after a break
- are upgrading to a more powerful motorcycle
- want to check their riding standard
The full day of training costs just £20 thanks to Welsh Government funding and consists of a short discussion at a local fire station in Swansea, followed by a comprehensive ride-out (minimum of 4 hours) with a stop-off for a light lunch en-route.
DVSA certificates are issued after training is completed.
Dates for 2019
- Sunday 1 September 2019 at Gorseinon Fire Station, West St, Gorseinon, Swansea SA4 4AZ.
Book online here
Please bring the following documents - photocopies are not acceptable:
- Driving licence (both parts if you have a photo card licence)
- Insurance certificate
- MOT certificate (if applicable)
All machines must be in a roadworthy condition.
You will be covering up to 100 miles during the day, so please ensure that you have sufficient fuel for the whole day.