The Driver and Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) has launched a consultation asking for views on proposals to improve motorcycle training.
The proposed changes for riders are to:
- revoke compulsory basic training (CBT) certificates of riders who get 6 penalty points
- introduce a training course for riders to upgrade their motorcycle licence, instead of passing extra tests
- restrict riders to riding an automatic motorcycle if they take their CBT course on one
- consider introducing a theory test that has to be taken before (or as part of) the CBT course
- change the CBT course syllabus from 5 parts to 4
There are also proposed changes to improve how instructors qualify and are quality assured. You can find out more about how the proposed changes will work by clicking here.
Have your say on the proposals by 17 February 2017.